Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Musically

For me, music is the expression of different universes, from different people. Songs communicate feelings, ways to see the world, to interpret reality, dreams and needs- different ways in every men and women. That is the reason why I think music is important, because it gives me the possibility of understand this universes, so different from my universe. That is way every song makes me feel many different experiences, each one as unique as the other, equivalent to meet new people.  Besides, each song or band that I’m listening, represent an specific moment of my life, an specific dream or emotion. They are like the soundtrack of my day, and without music it seems that my life doesn`t have any colour.
For this reasons, I like very different type of music. It depends of my mood of the day and mi life stage. That's why I listen to many different styles of music, like alternative rock, progressive rock, stoner, indie, cumbias, folklore etc. Despite this, there are some bands that I needto listen very often. My favorite band is muse, but just nominally cause there are so many bands that I love like Mars volta, Björk, Arctic monkeys, Tool, A perfect circle, Blur, The strokes, Silvio Rodriguez, Radiohead, Intillimani. In the other side, is very difficult to say what artist I dislike. I think that, there are some songs that I dislike, but no artists. In general, I dislike latin pop music.
The way I get access to music it's by internet, because cds are to expensive to buy each single that I like. Despite that,  I hope some day I can buy some CD's that change my life.

In my life, musica andina and Chilean folklore are very important because, since I was a child, my family listened to them a lot. It's because of this, that my brothers, my mum and my uncles, play instruments like guitar and bass to play this kind of songsI don't play any instruments (may be guitar, but too badly) but I can sing, and I think I do it very good.


As you can see, music is a very important part of my life and in every one is life, because -as every kind of art- makes possible to communicate our creativity and our inner life.

No comments:

Post a Comment